Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5th Jan 2011

John 1:29-34 – John testifies about Jesus
  • “When the time is right”
  • I’m going to keep it very simply today.
  • It’s not about me or my ministry.
  • In this passage John refers back to his profound revelation that I unpacked a little in my blog two days ago.
  • Rather than me repeating myself I will ask you to re-read that.
  • Here the manifestation of that revelation is his understanding that his ministry is nothing more than a means to an end. His ministry is not that important – its only importance comes in its role in the bigger picture.
  • I wish more leaders could understand that.
  • God is not that sentimental.
  • If he could destroy the temple – the most holy significant of all church buildings with all its history and emotional investment on God’s part…
  • Then He will not think twice about ending our ministries when the time is right.
  • The time is right when they no longer fulfill His purposes and start to fulfill ours.
  • That could be said of everything that we hold onto to dearly.
  • Again this is connected to the “first things first” blog from two days ago.
  • Praying today for a deeper understanding of this so God does have to teach me the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment