Wednesday, November 24, 2010

24th Nov 2010

Acts 23:23-35 – Paul Transferred to Caesarea
  • “Pillar to Post”
  • Paul escapes the violence of his enemies a second time and is transferred from the temple barracks to Caesarea.
  • I wonder what he must have been feeling going from pillar to post without any idea of what was going to happen.
  • Away from friends, probably feeling frustrated that there were so many other things he could be doing, unsure of exactly what would happen next etc
  • Yet it seems what helped him was a simple word from God:
    • “Take Courage, as you have testified about me in Jerusalem so you will testify about me in Rome”
  • His immediate future was unsure but his long term future he knew was certain.
  • I think that helps; not always worrying about the short term but instead focusing on the certainty of the long-term.
  • I gives courage, stability and the focus required to stay committed.
  • I need to worry less about the short-term and learn to think big picture.
  • We all can; as long as we know what God has said to us that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment