Friday, November 12, 2010

12th Nov 2010

Acts 22:22-29 – Paul the Roman Citizen
  • “God has Equipped those He calls”
  • There an old saying: God equips those he calls but I have found it to be true that He has also been playing around in our past well before he called us as well.
  • He not only will equip us but he equipped us before we were born, as here in Paul’s case.
  • There were three ways someone could gain Roman Citizenship;
    • As a reward for doing a great deed for Rome
    • By purchasing it [not sure how much but Permanent residency in the USA costs around $10,000 inc lawyers fees]
    • Or by being born into it as in Paul’s case.
  • We don’t know how he was born into it but he was. Possibly his ancestors gained it during the reign of Pompey when a contingent of Jews received their citizenship.
  • All I know is this; God messes with our past and it can give us great confirmation of our calling when those things suddenly appear to help us in our present.
  • I’m writing a book at the moment and rather than it being about pioneers as my last one was; this one is about knights.
  • I found out writing it that I have ancestral links to the knights that fought in the battle I mention in the first story I write about. A real surprise!
  • The Kingdom Principles my biggest teaching series is based around knights and a while ago my wife pointed out that one of her family name’s [mothers side] is Lancelot – funny little things like that encourage me.
  • Things like this encourage me I am on the right track.
  • Are there things in your family or history that you think God may have put in place that help confirm your current mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment