Wednesday, May 26, 2010

20th May 2010

Mark 13:1-31 – Signs of the end of the age
  • To fully go into this I would need to do a Bible Study but I want time to pray a little more this morning.
  • What strikes me is how Jesus is thinking through the implications of what is going to happen to individuals.
  • He is not just seeing this from an impersonal fatalistic angle but is obviously concerned about the impact on the people He loves.
  • Many people don’t think through the implications of events to others; but Jesus does. It seems that in His mind He is acting out what will happen and has thought through the special problems it will case to some.
  • The main initial sign happened of course in 70.A.D.
  • This still reminds me of the fact that the rabbis believed we could delay the messiah’s coming by guessing its timing. It seems God wants us to be unconsciously conscious of His second coming… for obvious reasons.
  • Praying that I won’t know what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment