Wednesday, May 18, 2011

18th May 2011


John 18:19-24 – The High Priest Questions Jesus
  • “ The Testimony of the Transparent ”
  • Annas the High Priest who retained his title questions Jesus.
  • Jesus is not disrespectful but He is a little cheeky.
  • He asks His accusers to go and ask the general public about His actions.
  • In doing so he firstly shows that He is confident that He has nothing wrong and secondly He embarrasses them by pointing out the irregularity and secrecy of their mock trial.
  • I am encouraged by Jesus’ confidence in what He has done.
  • It makes me ask the question; how confident would I be if had to hand the final appraisal of my life over to those who had seen it rather than defend myself and my actions?
  • If everything I had done in public and in secret was seen by all – how relaxed would I be when I faced my accusers?
  • All of Jesus actions had been transparent [if not his motives and intention].
  • You could watch them, see then, touch the people He had touched.
  • Jesus was confident that He had done the right thing.
  • I want to live that kind of life . . . I went on trial today that I would be confident in the testimony of those who had seen my actions yesterday.
  • I wonder today what kind of testimony would my transparency lead to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment