Tuesday, May 17, 2011

11th May 2011


John 17:20-26 – Jesus Prays for All Believers
  • “ The Most Trusting Man in the World ”
  • It’s the first line that gets me;
  • “My prayer is not for them alone. My prayer is for those who will believe in me through their message,”
  • This is incredible.
  • Jesus’ trust in His disciples is awe inspiring.
  • The salvation of the whole world is in their hands.
  • He will die on the cross, atone for the world’s sin and show us the way to live.
  • But.
  • How can someone respond without hearing. And how can someone hear without someone telling them.
  • He is putting His trust in these few men and everything that He goes through may be pointless if they don’t step up to the plate.
  • This is not an isolated situation.
  • At the end Jesus prays something that He also tells His disciples: all men will know Him because of their love and unity for one another.
  • Again; He is trusting those who follow Him to be what He says they can be in order to bring the world to Him.
  • I am so challenged by Jesus trust in those he leads.
  • I get so frustrated and disheartened sometimes and I am sure He did as well – but He still trusted us!

No comments:

Post a Comment