Thursday, April 8, 2010

8th April 2010

Mark 6:30-43 – Jesus feeds the five thousand
  • First thing I notice is Jesus’ call to His disciples to come away and rest with Him. That encourages me about the Talmidim Academy.
  • As Jesus plans to rest others pursue Him – He never seems to turn away anyone who pursues Him.
  • Why is green grass mentioned? The Bible rarely allows itself purely descriptive words. I’m guessing to let us know it was late winter early spring. Every word has a function. The Bible is so intentional. I need to pray that I am as intentional about all my words.
  • I still think one of the greatest things about this passage is the remez that Jeus later refers to about the number of baskets full at the end.
  • Found out that because bread was seen a especially characterizing things of God is should never be allowed to go to waste. So as part of peoples attire they would carry little wicker baskets. So the twelve baskets were likely to be the twelve wicker baskets of the disciples.
  • Praying for intentionality of my words today.

No comments:

Post a Comment