Thursday, April 8, 2010

7th April 2010

Mark 6:14-29
  • John the Baptist beheaded
  • I got stuck pondering the first. It seems that the King of the land heard about Jesus’ not through His actions but those of the young men He sent out and empowered.
  • Just thinking about how much time we can spend trying to get just a little sharper in our own particular gifts or abilities and yet real impact for God comes through those we sharpen.
  • Also missed a lesson from the previous passage; they anointed people with oil. My studies tell me that this oil was literally seen as a medicine. So a miracle comes when we do our bit. When they healed with medicine, God did a miracle.
  • Need to pray today about doing my part in people’s lives so that God can then do a miracle.
  • Also realized today that I need to sell 250 books a month to make up my salary from May onwards. Need to pray for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment