Thursday, June 2, 2011

1st June 2011

John 19:38-42 – The Burial of Jesus.
  • “Too late to be Strategic?”
  • Two VIP’s come out of the woodwork as disciples of Jesus.
  • Both were members of the Sanhedrin the ruling Jewish authorities.
  • This old Sanhedrin was about to be replaced by Jesus Apostles, the ones He sent out in Luke 10.
  • These two men did a very brave thing here – they made an important an statement.
  • I’m wondering how much impact they would have had afterwards?
  • They were not included in the 72 as far as I know.
  • Does that mean we can be precious as follows of Jesus but not strategic to Him?
  • Should they have made their beliefs clear earlier?
  • I’m wondering if other leaders even today hide their true beliefs for political reasons.
  • I’m wondering if they also hold on to one position out of fear and in doing so lose the opportunity of a far greater opportunity to serve Jesus.
  • Just a thought.
  • I'm so impressed with those who step out of secure positions to pioneer something they truly believe in.
  • I must be careful not to be a secret believer who only states my true beliefs when it’s a little too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment