Tuesday, April 19, 2011

19th April 2011

John 13:18-30 – Jesus predicts His Betrayal
  • “Disappointment””
  • Jesus is troubled in His Spirit.
  • It’s not surprising as one of His closest followers is about to betray Him.
  • How bitter and hardened in your heart must you be to spend three years with a friend and then totally turn your back on Him? Judas does just that.
  • Sometimes when we have a vision and a purpose we can get very disappointed with those around us.
  • Last night I got on a flight from Vancouver to L.A..
  • I met a man who made Christian films and he described many of the people he works with as Liars, cheats and greedy. He shared how he wanted to make more honest films but ended up making ones that ticked the boxes that would make money.
  • Today’s passage got me thinking about how Jesus handled disappointment.
  • He let those who were doing wrong, do wrong, He was not distracted by them but instead pursued the good that He was supposed to do.
  • It’s a lesson for me – don’t fixate on the disappointment or those who do wrong. Don’t make pursuing my vindication my primary concern instead make it doing the right I believe I should do.
  • When I got off the plane I googled my new friend and it turns out he is an actor I often watch on TV – I just did not recognize him – he has been in lots of well known American series and is a very good actor [he’s received Emmy nominations etc.
  • I’m so glad I did not recognize him – I shared my faith and testimony and encouraged Him to pioneer.
  • Jesus was not influenced by who disappointed him, who they were or the power at their disposal.
  • He did the right thing just because it was the right thing and did not let the bad doing the bad things take up too much of His time.
    • “What you are about to do, do quickly
  • Praying that I won’t be distracted by disappointment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment